Sunday, May 18, 2014

Not Going Back

Today's message at church was written just for me I am pretty sure of it. The title of the sermon was "Not Going Back." The message was about finding motivation to continue on a journey to be the best you can be. The only way to find this motivation is to make Christ the center. You can create will power for yourself and tell yourself, "I need to exercise." "I don't need to eat that candy bar.' "I need to order water instead of diet coke." You can only do that so long before the will power runs out. You need more to keep pushing through and being your very best. I now realize why I have failed in the past. I have been doing it all alone. This time I am making God the focus of my new life journey and looking at my self through Him in order to become healthy.



In 1 Corinthians 6:19-20 it is written, 19 Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; 20 you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your bodies.

Throughout my weight loss journey, this is what I plan to do. My body is not my own but rather a gift form the Holy Spirit. It has been a long time since I treated it like on so it is time to start. 

With God's help at the center of my motivation I vow to "Not Go Back" to my old unhealthy lifestyle and with that vow my goals of weight loss will come with my healthy lifestyle  



No comments:

Post a Comment